The Challenger Little League of Calgary helps to establish strong bonds of friendship and understanding between Little League teams in Calgary and surrounding areas in an atmosphere of sharing and caring.

Friday, May 23, 2008

WHAT A SAD DAY FOR BASEBALL, MAY 24, 2008 CANCELLED

It is now official as of 10:30 this morning Saturday’s Baseball game is CANCELLED. I have looked at the forecast into tomorrow morning and this light rain that we have been getting for the past week will continue. I was hoping that the forecast might clear up for a few hours and allow us to get the games in, but no luck.

It is always hard to cancel a game. I know from speaking with many parents that our players are so excited about playing, that missing even one game is very hard and the players in many cases are disappointed. That is why I would like to wait until late Friday (usually) to see what the forecast is going to be for the next 24 hours and see just what we might expect. I am always hopeful that the weather on Saturday will be better so we can play ball under a blue sky.

As for May 31, 2008 right now the extended forecast is for partly cloudy. I can’t wait to see you all there.

No comments: