The Challenger Little League of Calgary helps to establish strong bonds of friendship and understanding between Little League teams in Calgary and surrounding areas in an atmosphere of sharing and caring.

Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Great Start to the Season

For the first time in years Mother Nature smiled on us. What better weather could we have asked for? The sun was shining and hot, the wind was calm and shade was hard to find. As with every year Dave Spratt and myself carpooled into the fields around 8:45 am and did a walk around the fields. They were perfect! Rotary Park had racked the fields and the grass looked like it had been cut and green grass was being to grow.

As with every year registration went off with out a problem. I would like to thank the registration team for their hard work and organization in ensuring everything was ready to go as the players started to arrive.

A very special thanks needs to go out to Airdrie Little League who had representatives (buddies) from 3 teams. Here’s their website www.airdrielittleleague.com, thanks to the Parents, Coaches and Players, I know from talking with many of the players and parents that your contribution is extremely valuable and appreciated.

To all the parents out there that I saw snapping pictures. I’m hoping that you might send me one or two so that I can post them here on this blog and on Facebook. If you have any other stories or comments feel free to send them to me, I would love to share them with others.

Next Saturday is only 6 days away. If it’s sunny remember to bring the sunscreen I’m a perfect example of what could happen if you don’t.

No comments: